- Are they licensed according to the regulations of Palm Coast, Flagler County and the State of Florida?
- Are they properly insured if unexpected damage occures to your home, yard or outdoor structures?
- Do they carry workers compensation in case someone is hurt or injured while performing work on your property?
- Call your Homeowners or Property Insurance company to see if you are covered for injury on your property. Get all the limites and exclusions. If you do not have this feature, ask if you can add it and wait for the effective date before work begins. This step is not a requirement but a safty net to protect your investment and home.
- Do your online research for reviews, recommendations and ask your friends and neighbors if they have any experience with the company your have selected.
- What is the deposit or retainer they are requesting? Does it seem fair? Or perhaps too high? If you feel it's too high, ask the business to explain and to give a line items cost sheet to you so you may understand.
These are few helpful tips to guide you through your home improvement.
PalmCoastContractors.com does not make any representaions that the business listed in our directory are fully licensed and insured. When they sign up, we validate their current license that is required by Palm Coast, Flagler County and The State of Florida. This does not mean that during their online presence their license was not renewed or had expired. Our goal is to check each business licence once a quarter for your peace of mind.